Enjoy the flavors of fall with this Pumpkin Crisp made with instant oatmeal.
Over the summer, I created both a Peach Crisp and an Apple Crisp made with instant oatmeal packets. Both were fantastic! I love how the gooeyness of the fruit mixed with the oatmeal crumble. I’ve been wanting to make a pumpkin variety, but unsure it if would actually turn out or not. I am pleased with how this came out. The oatmeal mixture on top of the pumpkin crisp is thick and reminds me of granola.
This recipe is quite easy to make. It’s just the classic pumpkin pie recipe that you find on the side of any canned pumpkin with a simple oatmeal mixture on top.
Instant Oatmeal Pumpkin Crisp
For this recipe, you need 1 can pumpkin, 1 can evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 4 packets of maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal, 4 cinnamon graham crackers, 1 cup pecans, and ½ cup butter.
Beat eggs in the mixing bowl. Stir in the pumpkin and spices. Gradually mix in the evaporated milk. Pour the mixture into a greased 8″x8″ casserole dish. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 and bake 15 more minutes.
While the pumpkin is baking, mix the oatmeal topping. First, crush the graham crackers. Then chop the pecans. Mix the contents of the oatmeal packets with the cracker crumbs and pecans. Melt the butter and mix it in with the oatmeal mixture.
After the pumpkin has baked for 30 minutes, pull it out of the oven and add the oatmeal topping. Return the dish to oven and bake for 25-30 more minutes. Serve as is or topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
We had my sister and her family over for dinner and served this for dessert. She is a fan of pumpkin and said it was fantastic. We plan on making it for a Thanksgiving dessert.
Wonder what my next crisp recipe will be? I am not sure myself!
Check out these other Pumpkin Creations~
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 packets of maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal
- 4 cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup butter
- Beat the eggs in mixing bowl.
- Stir in the pumpkin and spices.
- Gradually mix in the evaporated milk.
- Pour into a greased 8"x8" casserole dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 and bake 15 more minutes.
- While the pumpkin is baking, make the oatmeal topping.
- Crush the graham crackers.
- Chop the pecans.
- Mix the contents of the oatmeal packets with the cracker crumbs and pecans.
- Melt the butter.
- Thoroughly mix the butter in with the oatmeal mixture.
- After the pumpkin has baked for 30 minutes, pull it out of the oven and add the oatmeal topping.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for 25-30 more minutes.
- Serve as is or top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3085 Total Fat: 259g Saturated Fat: 123g Cholesterol: 488mg Sodium: 2772mg Carbohydrates: 192g Sugar: 157g Protein: 23g