Enjoy this Cranberry Apple Crisp made with fresh cranberries, apple, and instant oatmeal.
It’s one of my favorite times of the year~ cranberry season! I love cranberries!! I mean I really love cranberries. Dried cranberries are good, but they are no match to fresh cranberries. I’m been racking my brain lately to come up with some new recipes made with fresh cranberries. This first one is a keeper. I shared it with friends and they all raved about it. You too will enjoy this Fresh Cranberry Apple Crisp.
Fresh Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
2 cups chopped Granny Smith Apple
2 cups fresh cranberries
squirt of lemon juice
1 cup sugar
4 packets of maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal
4 cinnamon graham crackers
1 cup pecans
½ cup butterSpray an 8×8 pan with some cooking spray. Chop the apples (skin on) and place them in the pan with the cranberry. Toss with the lemon juice. Stir in the sugar.
Crush the graham crackers, chop the pecans, and toss in a bowl with the instant oatmeal. Melt the butter and mix it with the dry ingredients. Layer on top of apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
The apples and cranberry were so pretty together, that I almost didn’t want to bake it!! That is OK because the end result was fabulous! My favorite part is the edge of the crisp. The combination of the topping and gooey filling made a perfect crust. I had to control myself from eating it all.
I think last time I posted one of these instant oatmeal fruit crisps that I said it was my favorite. This one is TRULY my favorite!! I know I will be making it a few more times before cranberry season is over. Take it over the top by adding some vanilla ice cream. What about you? Are you a cranberry fan??
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith Apple
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- squirt of lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 packets of maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal
- 4 cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup butter
- Spray an 8x8 pan with some cooking spray.
- Chop the apples (skin on) and place them in the pan with the cranberry.
- Toss with the lemon juice.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Crush the graham crackers, chop the walnuts, and toss in a bowl with the instant oatmeal.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the dry ingredients.
- Layer on top of the cranberries and apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3034 Total Fat: 259g Saturated Fat: 123g Cholesterol: 488mg Sodium: 1505mg Carbohydrates: 209g Sugar: 158g Protein: 17g