Create this fresh cranberry relish with nuts for your holiday gathering. People will think that it is the best relish that they have ever tasted.
Every year I make a raw cranberry relish with oranges and apples for Thanksgiving. My friends and family always request it.
I usually double the recipe and share it with friends and neighbors. Yes, that is a lot of cranberry chutney since this recipe makes 8 cups.
This is truly the best cranberry relish with pecans that I have ever had! It is also tasty when you make it with walnuts.
Cranberry Relish with Nuts Recipe
The diagram below shows you how I make this recipe layer by later in a 2 Qt Glass Bowl. This is the bowl I refrigerate the relish in.
This is what the recipe looks like all stirred up. Can you believe how much of the red from the cranberry comes through when it is mixed? Yum!
Cranberry season is one of my favorites of the year. I just cannot seem to get enough cranberry. I have also made Cranberry Pepper Jam.
This cranberry orange apple relish goes with just about anything. I have added it to a salad, eaten it for breakfast, and put it alongside all sorts of casseroles. You can even eat it with Cranberry Muffins.
My sister and I text each other whenever we find a new food or dish that it goes well with.
It is not too tart and not too sweet, so it goes with lots of different foods.
I make several batches of this in November and December. It is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
What would you eat this cranberry orange pineapple relish with? Check out my Cranberry Apple Crisp.
- 1 bag fresh cranberries (12 oz)
- 1 fuji apple
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 orange or tangerine
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- Rinse off the cranberries and apples.
- Coarsely chop the cranberries in a food processor.
- Core the apples and place them in the food processor. Chop the cranberry and apple together.
- Peel the orange and pull the sections apart and place it in the food processor. Chop for a very short time.
- Pour the cranberry mixture into a 2 Qt glass bowl that has a lid.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and add them to the bowl.
- Dump the can of crushed pineapple into the bowl.
- Stir all the fruit together, combining well.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and stir.
- Optional: finely chop the pecans and stir them into the cranberry relish.
- Refrigerate. Stir once a day.
This recipe tastes best if made at least 24-48 hours before eating.
I love it when readers share photos of my recipes! Upload one here on Pinterest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Carbohydrates: 1.34gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g