Every year I make fresh cranberry relish for Thanksgiving. My friends and family always request it.
I usually double the recipe and share with friends and neighbors. Yes, that is a lot of cranberry relish since this recipe makes 8 cups.
This is truly the best cranberry relish I have ever had!
Our Thanksgiving Feast
Each year we host Thanksgiving at our house. My sister and her family comes over to enjoy a nice meal together.
While it may seem boring, we tend to have basically the same feast each year.
My brother-in-law is in charge of the meat. He usually brings both ham and turkey.
This year I made everything else. I tried six new recipes and they were fantastic!
A friend of mine told me about Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Unfortunately I only purchased one small bag of potatoes, so we ran out of this mash very quickly.
I made this Roasted Sweet Potato Stuffing, which was amazing! Next time I will double it.
For vegetables I made this Autum Salad and these Peas and Panchetta.
My favorite new recipe by far was this Sticky Toffee Pumpkin Pumpkin from That Susan Williams. Even my husband, who is not a fan of pumpkin, loved it!
All this food paired well with my cranberry chutney!
Fresh Cranberry Relish Recipe
This Thanksgiving recipe is so easy to make. You just chop up everything, except the pineapple and sugar in the food processor.
The diagram below shows you how I make this recipe layer by later in a 2 Qt Glass Bowl. This is the bowl I refrigerate the relish in.
This is what the recipe looks like all stirred up. Can you believe how much of the red from the cranberry comes through when it is mixed? Yum!
Cranberry season is one of my favorites of the year. I just cannot seem to get enough cranberry.
This cranberry chutney goes with just about anything. I have added it to a salad, eaten it for breakfast, and put it alongside all sorts of casseroles.
My sister and I text each other whenever we find a new food or dish that it goes well with.
It is not too tart and not too sweet, so it goes with lots of different foods.
I make several batches of this in November and December. It is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
What would you eat this with? Check out my other cranberry recipes.
- 1 bag fresh cranberries (12 oz)
- 1 fuji apple
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 orange or tangerine
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- Rinse off the cranberries and apples.
- Coarsely chop the cranberries in a food processor.
- Core the apples and place them in the food processor. Chop the cranberry and apple together.
- Peel the orange and pull the sections apart and place it in the food processor. Chop for a very short time.
- Pour the cranberry mixture into a 2 Qt glass bowl that has a lid.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and add them to the bowl.
- Dump the can of crushed pineapple into the bowl.
- Stir all the fruit together, combining well.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and stir.
- Optional: finely chop the pecans and stir them into the cranberry relish.
- Refrigerate. Stir once a day.
This recipe tastes best if made at least 24-48 hours before eating.
I love it when readers share photos of my recipes! Upload one here on Pinterest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165 Carbohydrates: 1.34g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g