Back in July I posted an Instant Oatmeal Peach Crisp. That recipe got a lot of attention, so I decided to make an apple variety. Perfect for fall!
You can use whatever variety of apples you prefer. I used Jazz because that is what I had on hand, but Granny Smith would work well too. My apples were on the small size, so I used three. You only need two if they are larger.
This is super easy and super tasty. Like the peach crisp it’s not very sweet. That is why I serve it with vanilla bean ice cream. YUM! What is your favorite fruit crisp?
- 2-3 apples
- 4 packets of apple & cinnamon instant oatmeal
- 4 cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- Spray an 8×8 pan with some cooking spray.
- Core the apples, chop them and place them on the bottom of the pan. I leave the skin on.
- Crush the graham crackers, chop the walnuts, and toss in a bowl with the instant oatmeal.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the dry ingredients.
- Layer on top of apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 138mg Carbohydrates: 32g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g