Create this Candy Cane Fudge in the microwave. Bring it to a party or gift it to a friend or neighbor.
I love peppermint. I can’t make any holiday treat without mint entering my mind. Nothing says mint and Christmas like candy canes. Last week I brought you Candy Cane Mud Pie and this week I have Candy Cane Fudge. Enjoy this rich and creamy sweet treat.
Candy Cane Fudge Recipe
This fudge is very easy to make with a minimum of ingredients. It just takes a minute or two of microwave time and a short time in the refrigerator and it is ready.
The recipe calls for food coloring, but I did not add any to my fudge. I liked the pink color of the candy cane. I might add a drop or two the next time I make this.
This recipe can easily be doubled, but I only recommend that for a large group. I served it as part of our holiday party that had several other sweets and there were still a few pieces left at the end. This fudge will keep for quite a while when refrigerated.
Have you ever had candy cane fudge?
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 bags of white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
- 12 small or 3 large candy canes
- optional: red food coloring
- Place the butter in a large glass bowl and microwave for 15 seconds to soften.
- Finely crush the candy canes and set aside.
- Add the condensed milk and white chips to the bowl.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds, then stir.
- Microwave in 30 seconds increments and then stir until the white chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Add a few drops of food coloring if desired.
- Stir in the crushed candy canes.
- Pour into a foil lined 8x8 dish.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 6g