Here is a fun and easy tutorial for creating an inexpensive no-sew dog bed. It’s made with fleece and does not require any sewing.
I chose fleece for this project because it’s warm and cozy, just like our adorable Cocker Spaniel, Cooper.
I love working with fleece because it won’t unravel.
While fleece can be sewn, there are many no-sew projects that can be done with it too.
My latest creation is a no-sew bed for Cooper.
I used a bright fun tie-dye print and a standard bed pillow to create a festive no-sew dog bed.
Get directions at the bottom of the post.
No-Sew Dog Bed
The supplies for this project are very minimal. You might even have them all on hand already.
You need fleece fabric, a bed pillow, and scissors.
I used a fleece blanket measuring 50″x60″ in the tutorial below, which was enough for the front and the back.
A yard of fleece is plenty for this project. If you want contrasting fabrics, you will still need about a yard of each print.
I was able to make the dog bed in about 30 minutes.
Tying the fleece is easy to do; you can even get the kids to help!
Not only will man’s best friend love this bed, but a cat would also love it too!
It would be easy to vary the size of the bed using different pillows. Have a larger dog? Use two pillows to make the no-sew dog bed.
After two years this bed was still in good shape, but due to Cooper bringing in a little critter that stunk it up, we had to replace it.
I love the happy tie-dye design of the new bed!
Check out my Dog Cooling Mat and my Instagram Dog Bed.
No-Sew Dog Bed
Create a custom bed for your dog without sewing!
- fleece fabric
- bed pillow
- Measure your bed pillow to determine what size to cut your fleece. I used a bed pillow measuring 17″ x 24″. I added 12″ to my measurements so I would have 6″ fringe strips to tie around the pillow. In total, my fleece rectangles were 29″ x 36″ each.
- Cut the fleece to get two equal rectangles.
- Cut 6″ fringe around the edge of each fleece rectangle. The width of your fringe should be about 1″. You will end up cutting off a 6″ square from each corner.
- Tie three sides of the fleece rectangles together to form a pocket.
- Slide the pillow into the pocket and tie off the fourth side
The bed can be machine washed without untying!