Create a cute Instagram Dog Bed for your favorite fur baby.
Our dog, Cooper, is a special member of the family. He is a buff colored Cocker Spaniel.
We adopted him from the humane society back in 2009. He is very sweet and always happy.
Cooper loves to eat. He will eat just about anything.
I’ve had put a wire fence around my garden to keep him from eating the produce. He is clever and won’t eat anything until it’s ripe. His favorite is tomatoes.
I would not label him as hunger aggressive, but if you leave anything close to the edge of the table he will grab it. We are very careful what we feed him and try to keep him from eating our food.
Cooper’s old dog bed has worn out. Since he is so adorable and is great about being photographed, I decided to put him on Instagram. An Instagram dog bed that is!
I created this classic Instagram logo cover to go over a foam cushion which makes up the dog bed.
DIY Instagram Dog Bed
Directions are at the bottom of the post.
You should also check out my no-sew dog bed tutorial.
Look how cute the Instagram logo turned out.
My daughter wants me to make a smaller one for a throw pillow in her room. It would be very easy to scale the directions down for a smaller cover.
Cooper loves to pose on it for treats!
Who is your special member of the family? Do you post pictures of them on Instagram?
- 22″ x 22″ x 2″ foam cushion
- 3/4 yard of beige or tan fleece
- 22″ x 25″ scrap or 5/8 yard of brown fleece or felt
- 19″ x 12″ scrap or 3/8 yard of black fleece or felt
- scraps of red, yellow, green and blue fleece or felt
- measuring tape
- sewing machine with black thread
- Cut the fabric to get the following: 25" x 25" square of beige/tan, (2) 25" x 16" of beige/tan, 25" x 8.5" strip of brown, 13.5" circle of brown, 12.5" circle of black, 6" x 6" square of black, 6.25" x 2" strip of black, (4) 9" x 1.5" strips of each color
- Sew the top of the cover first.
- Place the brown strip across the top of the beige square and zigzag stitch into place.
- Center the black circle on top of the brown circle to create the lens and zigzag in place. Center the lens on the cover with the top edge touching the brown strip and zigzag in place.
- Place the black square on the right side of the brown strip and zigzag in place. Lay the colored strips out on the left side of the brown strip and zigzag into place.
- Place the black strip across the bottom of the colors and zigzag into place.
- The top of the cover is complete.
- Lay the cover out with the design up and lay the beige strips on top, matching the side edges and overlapping the edges in the middle.
- Straight stitch around the edge to attach the layers. I used a 1/2" seam allowance.
- Turn the cover inside out.
- Insert the foam cushion to complete the dog bed
I'd love to see your creations. Please leave a photo on this pin at Pinterest.