Want to create a Cat Tree for your cat? Make this Cat Condo from an old stool.
My son got a cat. This adorable tabby cat is named Jasmine. My son is so in love with her.
We are quite smitten with her too. We wanted to get Jasmine a cat tree, but my son has a limited amount of room in his small apartment.
He only has seating for a couple of people, so we decided to make Jasmine a cat condo out of an old stool.
It allows for someone to sit on top but gives the cat a lot of options for lounging and playing.
DIY Cat Condo
Homemade Cat Tree
Here are the supplies we used for this project.
You can get the directions for the condo at the bottom of this post.
Didn’t it turn out great? It’s a fun cat condo that offers a scratching post, a place to rub, a hammock to lounge in and bat toys from above, and a top perch for the cat or a human.
We took the condo over to my son’s and the cat knew it was for her. She climbed up on the top perch right away.
Jasmine just loves her new cat tree!
What sort of activities does your indoor cat like?
- Cat fabric (I used fleece)
- Hair brushes
- Cat toys on a stick
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Hand saw
- Staple gun
- Measuring tape
- Heat up the hot glue gun.
- Tightly wrap the jute around one leg of the stool, gluing in place as you go.
- Saw the handle off of the hair brushes.
- Sand the back of the brushes and the side of the stool leg.
- Glue the brush onto the sanded area.
- Cut out a circle to cover the seat of the stool. I just used the pad that came with the stool as a guide and added about 4".
- Using the staple gun, attached the seat cover to the underside.
- Remove the stick from the cat toys.
- Glue and/or staple the toy to the underside of the stool so that it will hang down for the cat to play with.
- Measure the space between the bottom rungs to determine hammock size.
- Adding 4" to the rung measurements, cut two squares of the cat fabric.
- Sew the two layers together by stitching a square along the rung measurements.
- Cut out a 2" square from each corner.
- Cut 1" strips along each side of the hammock.
- Tie the hammock onto the stool rungs using a double knot.
I would love to see your cat creation! Please share a photo on this pin on Pinterest.