Last week we celebrated one of my best friends’ birthday. She loves ice cream and brownies, so I decided to make her a brownie ice cream cake.
Brownie Ice Cream Cake Recipe
The ingredients for this cake are quite simple. I used a family-size brownie mix, chocolate chips, whipped topping, chocolate icing, and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Bake the brownies according to box directions. Frost with the milk chocolate icing. Layer the ice cream, whipped topping, and chocolate chips on top.
Doesn’t that look so good? It’s so easy to make! This recipe would be easily adapted to include a favorite ice cream flavor. What is your favorite ice cream? Mine is Cookies & Cream.
We had to let the cake defrost a little bit on the counter before serving. It was a big hit at the party and the birthday girl loved it.
Good enough to lick the plate clean! YUM!
- brownie mix (family size)
- egg, oil, water as per mix directions
- chocolate frosting
- chocolate chip ice cream
- whipped topping
- mini chocolate chips
- Bake brownies as per box directions in a 9x13 pan. Let cool completely.
- Create a layer on top of the brownie with the chocolate frosting. I microwaved my frosting for 20 seconds to make it easier to spread. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes while the ice cream and whipped topping soften.
- Place scoops of ice cream across entire pan.
- Smooth out the ice cream to create a uniform layer.
- Spread the whipped topping on top of the ice cream layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Store the leftovers in freezer.