I love poke cakes! They are so yummy and moist. Here is a new peach poke cake recipe I created using fresh peaches. I think it is my favorite flavor so far!
How simple is that? Some might scoff at keeping the peels on the peaches, but I think it enhanced the flavor. I found myself licking the bowl after I frosted the cake.
I surprised a friend with this for her birthday. I was not sure if her family was big peach fans or not, but I got a text from them later that evening saying it was the moistest cake they had ever had.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- eggs, oil, and water according to package directions
- 3 peaches
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- whipped topping
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions in a 9x13 baking pan. Let cool.
- Poke holes in the cake every inch or so with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pulverize two of the peaches in a food processor or blender (I left the skin on).
- Mix the peach with the condensed milk and pour it into the holes of the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Let the whipped topping soften.
- Pulverize the remaining peach and fold into the whipped topping.
- Frost the cake with the whipped mixture.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g