This Macaroni and Cheese Cups shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s tailgate season and I have a fantastic new recipe for Bacon Jalapeno Macaroni & Cheese Cups that is perfect for any game day party.
We’ve been watching a lot of football games this season. Our team isn’t having that great of a season, but we’ve been enjoying ourselves anyway. We tailgate at home games and homegate while watching the team when they are away. We take turns hosting homegates with our friends.
Last week was our turn and I created a fun football party tablescape. We had the chips and salsa, cupcakes, and peanuts. I purchased the table cover and napkins at the store but created my own food picks. You can grab the football toothpick toppers on my Mozzarella Pizza Stackers recipe post.
I had a request to make macaroni and cheese, but I was quick to dismiss it because finger foods are the easiest. Then I thought that I should bake macaroni and cheese in muffin tins to create a handheld food. Plain old macaroni and cheese seemed boring, so I elevated it with bacon and jalapenos.
I love this simple macaroni and cheese recipe. It is made by boiling evaporated milk with water and elbow macaroni. The cheese is added directly to the pot without draining the liquid off the cooked pasta. This means you do not have to create a roux. I always seem to mess up when making a roux, so I prefer this much easier version.
Bacon Jalapeno Macaroni and Cheese Cups
Everyone raved about these macaroni cupcakes. They disappeared quickly. My family has been begging me to make it again. I love the flavor that the jalapeno added, but not the heartburn that resulted from this or Game Day Chili.
Deal with frequent heartburn caused by tailgreatness and other foods with Nexium® 24HR. Don’t get taken out of the game by frequent heartburn this season. Just one pill of Nexium® 24HR* a day gives you all-day, all-night protection.*Use as directed. May take 1-4 days for full effect.
How do you tailgate or homegate?
- 1 pound bacon
- 2+ jalapenos
- 3 cups water
- 10 oz evaporated milk
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the bacon and let it cool.
- Chop up the bacon and set aside.
- Using gloves, chop the jalapeno. Make sure to remove the seeds. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the water until it's hot.
- Add the evaporated milk, macaroni, and salt to the water and stir.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Turn the burner down to medium and cook for 8-9 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the liquid is almost gone. Continue to stir frequently.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheese until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped bacon and jalapeno.
- Grease your muffin tin (total of 12 cups) with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup with approximately 1/4 cup of the macaroni mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the muffin tins sit for 5 minutes before removing the macaroni cups.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe is easy to double or triple to feed a big crowd.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 1025mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
posted 14 Oct 2016