It is the last week of July, which means it is time for my last original peach recipe of the month. With the recent heat, this ice tea is bound to cool you off!
What do you think of the combination of ginger with peach? I was concerned my kids might find it weird, but they really liked it. I used white peaches in the recipe, but yellow peaches work just fine!
- 1 gallon water
- 6 tea bags
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 peaches
- Prepare the sun tea by steeping the tea and slices of ginger in a gallon of water in the sun for 4-5 hours. I used about an inch of ginger cut into thin slices.
- Remove bags and ginger and cool off in refrigerator.
- Prepare the simple syrup by peeling and dicing the peaches.
- Mix the cup of water, cup of sugar, and peaches in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- As the syrup is boiling mash the peach with a masher.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain the peaches if you want.
- Fill glass with ice, pour in the desired amount of peach syrup, and then fill the rest of the way with the sun tea.
- Stir and serve.