Need a lucky treat to share with co-workers or friends this St. Patrick’s Day? Try this magically delicious colorful St. Patrick’s Day Candy Bark.
St. Patrick’s Day Candy Bark
This chocolate and toffee bark is similar to the other candy bark that I have made using saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips. It’s topped with Mint M&Ms, which come in shades of green, marshmallows from a lucky cereal, and rainbow strip candy. These create the perfect look and taste for St. Patrick’s Day.
The toffee is made by boiling the butter with the brown sugar on the stove. It’s poured over a layer of crackers and baked for 5 minutes. The chocolate chips and candy go on top. Once it hardens, you crack it apart. We call it crack because it’s made with crackers, you crack it apart, and it’s addicting like crack.
Didn’t it turn out really well? It’s so fun and festive. I loved the combination of the sour rainbow candy to the chocolate and toffee. The colors are so bright. It’s bound to be a hit at any party or get together!
Does this sound delicious? I challenge you to just eat one piece!!
- saltine crackers (a little over one sleeve or enough to cover your cookie sheet)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mint M&Ms (comes in shades of green)
- marshmallows from a lucky cereal
- rainbow strip candy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with little lip around the edge) with cooking spray or use a baking liner.
- Arrange crackers to cover the bottom of
- the sheet.
- Melt butter, add the brown sugar and boil in a medium saucepan for 3 minutes.
- Pour over the saltines and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- When the chocolate chips look glossy, which takes about 2-3 minutes, spread the melted chips evenly across the top.
- Sprinkle the candies and marshmallows on top.
- Place the sheet into the refrigerator to harden.
- Break apart into uneven pieces before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3802Total Fat: 286gSaturated Fat: 177gCholesterol: 488mgSodium: 1498mgCarbohydrates: 361gSugar: 329gProtein: 16g
posted on 25 Feb 2015