This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This caramel apple cake is easy to make and perfect for a potluck or party.
Do you ever get a little hostile when you are hungry? I sure do. It seems to sneak up on me in the late afternoon when I am taking my kids to activities. Often when I am in the car. When I am away from home and don’t have something to snack on. I get mad at other drivers and short with my kids. Then I get the shakes. When I have the shakes, I really have trouble focusing and the rest of the day is shot. I never know when this is going to come on. I usually have a some fruit with me, but it barely takes the edge off. Sometimes I need more of a pick me up, so I stop into Walgreens and we pick up some SNICKERS®. We pass several Walgreens each day, so it’s quick and easy to pop in and pick out what we want.
My personal favorite is the SNICKERS® Almond. They help me go from hungry and cranky to happy mom.
The fun size are perfect for a little pick me up. They fit into my purse and I can grab one when I’m hangry.
Caramel Apple Cake
Last time we were in Walgreens, I noticed SNICKERS® Xtreme. It does away with the nougat in a typical Snickers and replaces with more peanuts and caramel. All that caramel and peanuts makes me think of the SNICKERS® Caramel Apple Salad that I’ve seen at potlucks. My favorite dessert right now is cake, so I thought that I would combine that classic salad with a cake. I came up with this new recipe.
This dump cake is fairly easy to make. Just follow the recipe below.
This is really rich and yummy! My kids picked off the SNICKERS® and ate them before eating the cake. I enjoyed the cake and SNICKERS® in the same bite. See more great SNICKERS® recipes and fun stories on the SNICKERS® social hub.
How do you deal with your hunger? Do you become crazed like me? Are you yourself?
- Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- jar of caramel sauce
- a container of whipped topping
- 2-3 SNICKERS® Xtreme candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your 9x13 pan.
- Mix the yellow cake mix, 2 eggs, and apple pie filling with a mixer for 2 minutes. You can cut the apples in the can before combining with the mix to make the pieces easier to blend.
- Pour into pan and bake 32-38 or until toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake every inch or so.
- Mix the condensed milk and most of the caramel sauce in a bowl and microwave for a minute, stir, then microwave another minute.
- Pour this mixture slowly into the holes in the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Frost with thawed whip topping.
- Chop the SNICKERS® bars into small pieces and sprinkle on top of cake.
- Drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce on top and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34 Sodium: 110mg Protein: 7g
Check out my other poke cake recipes!