Come see how easy it is to make your own Pumpkin Spice Cotton Candy.
It’s pumpkin season and people can’t seem to get enough pumpkin spice. I’ve created Pumpkin Spice Microwave Fudge and Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches Poke Cake, but now I have a truly unique recipe for you. It’s Pumpkin Spice Cotton Candy. I thought it sounded strange when I came up with the idea, but it is so delicious.
How to Dye Sugar
I started out by dying sugar orange. This is a very easy and fun process. You just place some granulated sugar in a plastic zip bag and add a few drops of food coloring. I took one cup of sugar and added two drops of red food coloring gel and two drops of yellow food coloring gel. I shook the bag around until the color was even throughout. Then I placed the sugar into a bowl and let it dry for about an hour.
Pumpkin Spice Cotton Candy Mix
When the sugar was completely dry I mixed it with one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Stir that completely and you have your pumpkin spice floss sugar.
You will need a cotton candy machine to make the cotton candy. We own this model. It’s available on Amazon Prime for under $30. Order it now, so you can be enjoying this Pumpkin Spice Cotton Candy soon. This or similar cotton candy machine can probably be found at a local store too. These machines use hard candies or floss sugar to make cotton candy. You can’t find pumpkin spice floss sugar in stores, so you need to make your own at home.
Pumpkin Cotton Candy Cones
I created a pair of pumpkin-themed printable cones to serve the Pumpkin Spice Cotton Candy in that I am sharing with you. One is covered with pumpkins. The other is a green gingham with a little pumpkin circle to glue on the front of the cone. These are perfect for any fall celebration you might be having. You can download the adorable pumpkin themed cotton candy cones here.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 drops of red food coloring or gel
- 2 drops of yellow food coloring or gel
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place the sugar into a zip top plastic sandwich bag.
- Add the food coloring to the bag, zip closed, and shake thoroughly.
- Place the colored sugar into a bowl and set it on the counter to dry for an hour or more.
- Add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Use this floss with your cotton candy machine according to the directions for floss sugar.
Are you a pumpkin spice fan? Would you try this cotton candy?