Enjoy the flavors of fall with this easy to make Pumpkin Salted Caramel Poke Cake.
Pumpkin season is in full swing and I have another great recipe for you. This one combines the goodness of pumpkin with salted caramel. This poke cake is made with a cake mix, which makes it very simple to bake. It is topped with both cream cheese frosting and salted caramel for a delicious bite after bite. You will also enjoy this Pumpkin Pie Cake, Pumpkin Spice Tres Leche Cake, Pumpkin Chocolate Lava Skillet, and Pumpkin Spice Microwave Fudge.
Pumpkin Salted Caramel Poke Cake Recipe
This recipe requires seven simple ingredients. It uses a pumpkin cake mix and a can of cream cheese frosting.
The cake ingredients are mixed and baked together according to the package. The cake is poked once it comes out of the oven and the sweetened condensed milk and salted caramel sauce are poured into the holes. Once the cake cools, frost it with the cream cheese icing and drizzle salted caramel sauce on top. YUM!
At first, I was a little skeptical about the combination of caramel and pumpkin, but it was really good. It is a fantastic combination of flavors. I baked it in a disposable foil pan and took it to a potluck. It disappeared quickly! Have you had pumpkin and salted caramel before?
- pumpkin cake mix
- eggs, oil, and water as listed on the cake mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- salted caramel topping
- cream cheese frosting
- Bake the cake in a 9" x 13" baking dish according to the directions on the box.
- After you remove the cake from the oven, poke holes every inch or so with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Slowly pour the sweetened condensed milk into the holes in the cake.
- Pour the salted caramel into the holes.
- Refrigerate the cake until cool.
- Frost with the cream cheese frosting.
- Drizzle the salted caramel over the frosting.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g