Happy Pumpkin Season! Today I have a great recipe for a Pumpkin Oatmeal Spice Cake topped with a pumpkin spice glaze for you.
Last week I posted an Apple Spice Dump Cake recipe. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to make a pumpkin version. I decided to switch it up a little bit by adding quick oats. Pumpkin bakes differently, so this is not a dump cake. While an extra step is required with this, I think it’s worth it.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Spice Cake Recipe
Like the Apple Spice Dump Cake, this recipe utilized a spice cake mix. In case you cannot find one in stores, I have directions for how to make one here. I use spice cake mix in most of my fall baking.
- 1 spice cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the spice cake mix and oatmeal in a both.
- Fold in the butter and thoroughly combine. Should be a crumbly mixture.
- Press half of the cake mixture into the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- Pour this pumpkin mixture into the baking dish on top of the pressed cake.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top of the top cake layer.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Place the softened butter into a bowl and blend until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, spice, and vanilla and mix slowly.
- Pour in milk one tablespoon at a time (while mixing) until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Store covered cake in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 9g
We took this pumpkin cake to a ballet potluck. I was one of the first desserts to disappear. I guess people cannot resist pumpkin in the fall. I added the pumpkin spice glaze because ice cream would have melted at an outdoor potluck. Are you crazy for pumpkin?