Our party last night was a HUGE success. We had mostly regulars in attendance, but a few newbies showed up. The food was outstanding and I totally blew my low-carb diet. I have been on a carb hangover today, but it hasn’t stopped me from snacking on the leftovers. One of the new recipes I tried this year was just OUT OF THIS WORLD good! Here is the recipe that I got off Allrecipes.
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2/3 cup evaporated milk
* 1 cup white chocolate chips
* 7 ounces marshmallow creme
* 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a 9×9 inch pan with aluminum foil, and set aside.
2. In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3. Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in a cool, dry place.