This post is sponsored by Post Consumer Brands.
Honey Maid and Oreo are registered trademarks of Mondelez International group, used under license.
Enjoy the taste of Oreo O’s in this No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie.
Over the weekend we attended a housewarming barbecue at a friend’s house. Funny thing is these people moved into their house six years ago. I think the house was already warm. They asked that no one bring gifts, just a side dish or dessert. My daughter has been eating a lot of peanut butter lately, so I was inspired to create something with peanut butter. While there are some great savory dishes with peanuts, I felt that dessert was the way to go. We’ve had some record-breaking temperatures lately, so I wanted to create a dessert that required no baking. That is how I came up with this No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie.
I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I didn’t want to take another trip to the store to get ingredients for a chocolate crust so I looked at what I had on hand. There were several boxes of Oreo O’s cereal, which I thought would make a great crust. I thought it would be fun to use a cereal in a dessert recipe.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie
This recipe requires Oreo O’s, butter, vanilla instant pudding mix, milk, peanut butter, vanilla extract (not pictured), whipped topping, and peanut butter chips. The peanut butter can be either smooth or crunchy. Smooth was used in the pie I made.
Crush the Oreo O’s in a food processor. Add in the butter to make the crust. Combine the pudding ingredients with the vanilla, whipped topping, and peanut butter. Mix in some peanut butter chips. Spoon the pudding mixture into the crust. Top with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate before serving.
This creamy peanut butter pie turned out pretty good. The kids enjoyed picking the Oreo O’s off the top of the pie.
The return of Oreo O’s cereal has been exciting because I love Oreos! It’s crunchy chocolate O’s with that OREO® cookie taste you love. It has a rich creme coating gives your milk a yummy cookie taste.
While Oreo O’s is a returning Post cereal, Honey Maid S’mores is brand new. This cereal gives you the chocolate, marshmallow, and Honey Maid Graham Cracker taste of s’mores without having to go camping. It’s quite tasty with milk, but also makes a great snack on the go. My daughter likes to take a small bag full of them to snack on after ballet.
Both Oreo O’s and Honey Maid S’mores can be found in the cereal aisle at Walmart. Which one of these great classic tastes will you be picking up on your next trip to Walmart?
Enjoy the pie! Check out my other desserts.
- 4 1/2 cups Oreo O's cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Crush 4 cups of the Oreo O's in a food processor.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the crushed cereal.
- Press the Oreo O's mixture into a pie plate.
- Mix the pudding mix with the milk.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir the peanut butter into the pudding mixture.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Stir in 3/4 of the peanut butter chips.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into the pie plate on top of the crust. Smooth into place.
- Smooth the rest of the whipped topping onto the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie with the rest of the peanut butter chips and the Oreo O's.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4829Total Fat: 451gSaturated Fat: 167gCholesterol: 513mgSodium: 3901mgCarbohydrates: 125gSugar: 61gProtein: 128g