Guest Post from James
Your kid has got a beautiful lunch box. But, what will you put in it? Check out these lunch box recipes for kids.
Pleasing our kids is a tough job, particularly when it comes to making meals for them. It is almost impossible to trick them into liking something which they don’t like at all.
On the other side, you also need to look out that they’re getting enough nutrition for natural growth and development.
So, here I am listing six healthy, quick, and delicious lunch box recipes for your kids.
6 Kid Lunch Box Recipes
Try sandwich dumplings to lighten things up. Just spread the fillings of your choice on fresh bread and press.
- Cream cheese and jam
- 2 tablespoon (around 35 to 40 g) butter
- 5-10 slices of bread
- You will also require: Plastic Molds
- Spread butter on bread
- Remove the crusts
- Take the toppings of your choice and spread on the bread
- Now, use the plastic mold to press bread
Wholesome Lunchbox Muffins
The lunchbox muffins is another healthy treat that you can ever give to your kid. These are little bit savory. You can also sweeten them naturally with the use of sultanas and grated apple.
- 2-3 eggs
- 250mls or 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated apple
- 2 cups of sultanas
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 250g of self-raising flour
- Cream cheese
- Preheat the oven (up to 200°C.)
- Put cream cheese in the microwave for a minute so that it softens slightly.
- Take a big bowl and whisk the cream cheese with milk and eggs until the mixture becomes smooth. Add cinnamon and flour. Stir this mix through grated apples, carrot, and sultanas.
- Apply some oil on a regular muffin tin (6 or 12-hole tin).
- Now, distribute the mixture equally and bake for at least half an hour.
If you want to make this snack further nutritious and healthier, then take out the half flour and use wholemeal self-raising flour at its place.
Healthy Zucchini Slice
If you are searching for a nourishing and tasty lunchbox snack, then Zucchini slice is something you should go for. It is a kind of oh-so-easy recipe.
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 375g zucchini
- 1 medium size onion
- 4-5 eggs
- Pepper and salt
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Half cup oil
- Preheat the oven (up to 180°C.)
- Whisk 4-5 eggs in a bowl. Coarsely grate zucchini.
- Mix lightly beaten eggs, finely chopped onion, oil, sifted flour, and zucchini.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Take the mixture in a lamington tin (well-greased.)
- Bake until it becomes brown or for around 30-minutes.
These homemade pikelets are more economical as compared to ready-made, purchased pikelets. They taste delicious.
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Any jam
- First of all, sift the salt, sugar, and flour together.
- Until you get the required consistency, gradually beat in the milk and egg.
- Take a frying pan and heat it to a medium level. Add some butter.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Now, cook one side until bubbles appear. After that, flip it and cook until the other side turns golden.
- When these pikelets become cool, spread some jam and butter and make the sandwich.
Cheesy Zucchini Quiches
Kids really like small quiches. You can also make them ahead of the time–a night before the school. They look attractive when you pack them with cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks.
- 1 small grated zucchini
- 2 sheets of defrosted frozen puff pastry
- Half cup of grated cheese
- Half cup milk
- 4-5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to medium (up to 210°C.)
- Cut the sheet of pastry in 9 circles with the help of round cutter.
- Take a patty-pan tray and press the cuts into the rounds.
- In all pastry cases, spread the cheese, and zucchini equally.
- Now, whisk the milk and eggs. Fill them in the pastry cases.
- Bake until it turns golden or for at least 15-minutes.
Pineapple Pizza Muffins
If you are a busy mum, then pizza muffins are just a lifesaver for you. Your kid will definitely enjoy this snack during the recess.
- 440g or 1 tin of fresh, crushed pineapple
- 3 broken English muffins
- 3 cups of pizza cheese
- 6 tablespoons of pizza sauce
- First of all, toast the muffins.
- Then, take 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce and spread on each piece of muffins.
- Now, scatter the pineapple neatly on a pizza sauce.
- Use pizza cheese to top
- Put it on the grill (preferably until the cheese melts)
Summing It Up
That’s all about the lunch box recipes. Next time, when you think about making a new dish for your kid, make sure you try any of the above.
The secret to cooking a wonderful lunchbox snack is to respect your child’s preferences and likes. It is necessary to know the eating habits of your child.
Do you know any other lunch box recipes for kids that you may want to share with us? Please let me know about it in the comments section.
James is a child development expert working at Singapore tuition. He gives valuable information, study tips, and motivational lectures to students so that they can achieve higher grades and succeed in life. In his free time, he also enjoys reading new recipes and cooking food.
You will also like~
How to Pack Lunch for Hungry Teens
How to Make a Quick and Easy Bento Lunch
Tips for Packing Food for Active Teenagers