Here is a perfect guacamole dip recipe for all those summer cookouts and get-togethers. It’s so yummy that you might want to double or triple it because it will disappear fast!
Yesterday we attended a Memorial Day party at a close friend’s house. Chips and dip are always a popular party food, so I decided to make an old favorite of mine. I searched my blog and found that I have not posted this version of guacamole, so it’s time to post it now.
Chunky Guacamole Recipe
I arrived at my friend’s party a few minutes early because I wanted to start eating this right away. I know, that is horrible manners to pig out on my own dish. I just could not resist. A few friends helped and we polished it off before most of the guests showed up. Fortunately, someone else brought some fresh guacamole, although theirs was mashed. I removed my empty dish from the table, so most didn’t know what they missed.
Good food and good times with good friends! That is the best way to kick off the summer! What did you do over the weekend?
- avocados - I used 4
- Roma tomatoes - I used 2
- red onion - 1/2
- cilantro - 1/4 cup
- lime - 1
- garlic salt - to taste
- Chop the tomato and place in a glass bowl.
- Finely chop the red onion and put it in the bowl.
- Finely chop the cilantro and add it to the bowl.
- Chop the avocados into approximate 1/2 inch cubes.
- Chop the lime in half and squeeze out all the juice onto the avocado. Pull some of the lime pulp off and place into the bowl.
- Add the garlic salt. I used about 1/4 of a teaspoon.
- Stir the ingredients together carefully so that the avocado stays in chunks.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.