Here is a fun way to make cotton candy at home anytime you want.
Our family got a little cotton candy machine for Christmas.
At first, I thought it was totally frivolous and we’d never use it. YES, it’s totally frivolous, but we use it a lot.
It is so much fun and it’s easy to use.
You can order Floss Sugar or just use hard candies. Sugar-free candy works too!
We’ve used both when we make cotton candy at home.
Cotton Candy Machine
If you are looking for a unique gift idea, I suggest one of these. This is the model we got.
This countertop unit runs in the $30-$35 range. It sets up quickly, is easy to operate, and cleans up easily.
I think it would be perfect as a wedding gift or even for someone going off to college.
How to Make Cotton Candy at Home
The easy to follow directions are at the end of this post.
The cotton candy maker requires a little assembly, which takes less than a minute to set up.
Cotton Candy Supplies
The machine comes with two reusable cones.
We like to pull the cotton off and fill with more right away.
My kids also like to eat the built up hard sugar around the edge of the machine bowl.
It’s a delicious mix of all the flavors that were used to create the batch of cotton candy.
We recommend that you clean the tabletop cotton candy machine right away. It will need to cool off just a little bit. If you wait until it has completely cooled off, you will have trouble pulling off the extractor head.
What do you think?
Would you buy one of these?
- floss sugar
- hard candy
- Plug in the unit and let it warm up for 5-10 minutes. It needs to warm up 5 minutes for hard candy or 10 minutes for floss sugar.
- When it’s warmed up properly, turn the unit off and add the candy or sugar to the extractor head. It takes two hard candies or a scoop of floss sugar.
- Turn the switch back on. You will start to see the little flossy bits of cotton starting to form very quickly.
- Hold a cone horizontally across the top of the unit and turn it around and around to build up the cotton.
- Keep turning until you’ve collected all the cotton candy.
- Repeat the process with another cone, or just keep adding to the same cone to make it huge.