Here is an easy recipe for Chicken Vegetable Soup made in the Instant Pot.
I joined the Instant Pot craze a few months ago and use it as a pressure cooker a few times a week. I had been making recipes that I find on Pinterest, but finally created one of my own. It’s a Chicken Vegetable Soup that is made with my favorite veggies.
Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
I love how easy the Instant Pot is to use. It allows me to procrastinate making dinner. A few weeks ago I had no plan for our evening meal.
I took a look at what I had on hand and found carrots, sweet potato, and some leftover chicken breast. I knew that I could make a delicious soup.
The recipe calls for onion. While my family likes the flavor that onion adds, they don’t like the texture. Instead of putting chopped onion in this soup, I removed the skin and ends and put it into the pot whole.
This allowed me to easily pull out the entire onion before serving. I think I’ll be making all my recipes like this from now on.
We often buy a rotisserie chicken, which is what I used for this recipe. The shredded chicken is added after the vegetables have cooked in the Instant Pot. I did not have any leftover chicken the second time I made this soup, so I boiled some frozen chicken breasts to use.
I served the soup with some homemade Keto Bread.
Do you have an Instant Pot? We love ours!
- sweet potato
- garlic, 2-3 cloves
- diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz can
- chicken stock, 6 cups
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the potato and carrot.
- Chop up the cauliflower.
- Chop up the onion to desired size.
- Place the onion, vegetables, and garlic into the Instant Pot.
- Mince the garlic and place it on top.
- Add salt and pepper to the vegetables.
- Open and pour the entire can of diced tomatoes over the vegetables.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the steam vent is closed.
- Hit the soup button and adjust the time to 20 minutes.
- When the soup is done cooking, use the quick release.
- Stir in the shredded chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 3gSodium: 2851mgCarbohydrates: 17gSugar: 8gProtein: 28g