All opinions are mine alone. #YoursandMine #CollectiveBias
My husband and I are very proud of the fact that we are going on 25 years of marriage. The odds were stacked against us when we said, “I Do!” back in 1990, but we’ve persevered and continue to improve our relationship.
For our 20th anniversary we took a family trip to Alaska. We drove our family of five up and back in a motor home. It was a trip of a lifetime, but not very conducive to romance.
We decided that our 25th needs to be a celebration without the kids. Soon we will be heading to San Diego, where we met and married, for a week of fun. We are looking forward to seeing our old stomping grounds and to get time to just play and relax together.
Since we are very excited about the impending trip, I decided to put together an Anniversary Trip Essentials Pack for my husband for Valentine’s Day.
The Essentials Pack has three areas of focus: Flight, Beach, and Romance.
Anniversary Trip Essentials
While we pass the time away in the airport and on the flight, I thought the following would come in handy.
- Snacks: I love chocolate covered almonds and my hubby loves beef sticks.
- Books: A crossword puzzle book for my hubby and a romance novel for me.
- Tunes: I’ve loaded the music player with our favorite tunes. We can listen to these meaningful songs together using a headphone splitter jack.
These necessities will be very useful on the beach.
- Sunglasses: A new pair for each of us.
- Sunscreen & Lip Balm: We don’t want to get sunburned!
- Beach Towels: I embroidered matching towels.
Finally, we have the romance essentials.
- K-Y® YOURS+MINE: A great water based lubricant is a must!
- Coupon Book: For some romantic fun in the bedroom and beyond.
- Lipstick: Hot pink is my favorite.
- Lace: Can’t forget the lace!
- Scents: A citrus essential oil blend makes a wonderful perfume.
You might not have a special trip planned, but you can still can celebrate at home. Check out K-Y® DATE NIGHT.
I got mine for under $15 at Walmart.
For more great ways to celebrate romance this Valentine’s Day and beyond, visit K-Y online. How will you celebrate your special relationship this year?
posted 2 Feb 2015