The kids are back in school which means I have extra time on my hands to get some of those nagging projects completed. I am not a huge fan of cleaning, so I’ve been doing a lot of sewing. Nearly all of the sewing has been for my daughter’s American Girl Doll. As many of you know, I am very frugal. I got the foam & fabric at our local eco-art recycling store. Both were new, but only cost me about $1.73.
The foam I got is 1″ thick and measured 22×22. I cut it in half to make a mattress for each bunk.
I folded my fabric with the selvage edges touching and cut out a piece 12″ wide. Then with right sides together, I serged down each side leaving the selvage edges open.
This formed a pillowcase to slip the mattress into.
I didn’t want the dolls kicking the sheets off so I cut off a 13″ piece from the original fold. I cut that in 2 at the fold to create the top sheets. I searched/stitched the edges and then sewed it do the salvage edge of the mattress slip cover.
Here is my daughter’s doll all snuggled up and happy as she sleeps on the top bunk. My daughter was thrilled to see her dolls so comfy in their bunks.
This was such a fun & easy project. It took less than an hour to complete and the price was right!