Check out this easy back-to-school Chicken Patty Parmesan recipe that kids love that can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
It is back to school time, which means it is time to get back to a mealtime routine. We have a tradition in our family where we allow each child to pick out a special back-to-school dinner.
My son requested Chicken ‘Sketti. That is what he calls an old favorite recipe of ours that is actually Chicken Patty Parmesan served on top of spaghetti. My daughter usually requests sushi.
Chicken Patty Parmesan Recipe
I do not want to make it from scratch, taking the time to bread the chicken so I use frozen chicken patties. I also used a jar of spaghetti sauce. No shame in making things quick and easy on a limited amount of time. Plus it makes everyone happy!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan with Frozen Chicken Patties
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cover the bottom of your casserole dish with some spaghetti sauce.
- Place frozen breaded chicken patties on top of the sauce.
- Cover the chicken with shredded cheese.
- Pour the rest of the pasta sauce over the cheesy chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake according to the patty package directions.
How easy is that? It is pretty tasty too! My family loves this Chicken Patty Parmesan Recipe.
I serve it with fruit and a side salad. You can also mix vegetables into the tomato sauce or serve it over a different type of pasta.
In addition to preparing back-to-school dinners, I have lunches to pack.
My daughter brings lunch from home every day. She enjoys meat and cheese sandwiches. See tips for packing lunches for teens.
This lunch consisted of a whole wheat sandwich with turkey and cheese, dill pickle, and lettuce. Carrot and celery sticks went along with a ranch dip in the purple container. There were also fresh raspberries and mango. A cheese stick topped off the lunch.
What type of back-to-school meals do you prepare? See my tips for easy dinners to go.
More Main Dishes
- 2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 frozen chicken patties
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Line a 9"x13" casserole dish with 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Place 8 chicken patties into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken patties.
- Spoon the remaining pasta sauce over the chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve the Chicken Parmesan on top of a bed of spaghetti.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 3.75gSaturated Fat: 1.9gCholesterol: 7.5mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 15gSugar: 1gProtein: 1.1g