Check out this easy back-to-school Chicken Patty Parmesan recipe that kids love that can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
It is back to school time, which means it is time to get back to a mealtime routine. We have a tradition in our family where we allow each child to pick out a special back-to-school dinner.
My son requested Chicken ‘Sketti. That is what he calls an old favorite recipe of ours that is actually Chicken Patty Parmesan served on top of spaghetti. My daughter usually requests sushi.
I do not want to make it from scratch, taking the time to bread the chicken so I use frozen chicken patties. I also used a jar of spaghetti sauce. No shame in making things quick and easy on a limited amount of time. Plus it makes everyone happy!
Chicken Patty Parmesan Recipe
Scroll down to the bottom this post to get the recipe and see how easy is to prepare.
It is pretty tasty too! My family loves it. I serve it with fruit and a side salad. You can also mix vegetables into the sauce or serve it over a different type of pasta.
In addition to preparing back to school dinners, I have lunches to pack.
My daughter brings lunch from home every day. She enjoys meat and cheese sandwiches. Get tips for packing lunches for teens here.
This lunch consisted of a whole wheat sandwich with turkey and cheese, dill pickle, and lettuce. Carrot and celery sticks went along with a ranch dip in the purple container. There was also fresh raspberries and mango. A cheese stick topped off the lunch.
What type of back-to-school meals do you prepare? See my tips for easy dinners to go.
- 2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 frozen chicken patties
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Line a 9"x13" casserole dish with 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Place 8 chicken patties into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken patties.
- Spoon the remaining spaghetti sauce over the chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve the Chicken Parmesan on top of a bed of the spaghetti.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 3.75gSaturated Fat: 1.9gCholesterol: 7.5mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 15gSugar: 1gProtein: 1.1g