Check out this easy back-to-school Chicken Patty Parmesan recipe kids love that can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
It is back-to-school time, which means it is time to return to a mealtime routine. Our family has a tradition where we allow each child to pick out a special back-to-school dinner.
My son requested Chicken ‘Sketti. That is what he calls an old favorite recipe of ours: Chicken Patty Parmesan served on top of spaghetti. My daughter usually requests sushi.
Chicken Patty Parmesan Recipe
I do not want to make it from scratch, taking the time to bread the chicken, so I use frozen chicken patties. I also used a jar of spaghetti sauce. There is no shame in making things quick and easy in a limited amount of time. Plus, it makes everyone happy!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan with Frozen Chicken Patties
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cover the bottom of your casserole dish with some spaghetti sauce.
- Place frozen breaded chicken patties on top of the sauce.
- Cover the chicken with shredded cheese.
- Pour the rest of the pasta sauce over the cheesy chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake according to the patty package directions.
How easy is that? It is pretty tasty, too! My family loves this Chicken Patty Parmesan Recipe.
I serve it with fruit and a side salad. You can also mix vegetables into the tomato sauce or serve it over a different type of pasta.
In addition to preparing back-to-school dinners, I have lunches to pack.
My daughter brings lunch from home every day. She enjoys meat and cheese sandwiches. See tips for packing lunches for teens.
This lunch consisted of a whole wheat sandwich with turkey and cheese, dill pickle, and lettuce. Carrot and celery sticks accompanied by a ranch dip in a little container. There were also fresh raspberries and mango. A cheese stick topped off the lunch.
What type of back-to-school meals do you prepare? See my tips for easy dinners to go.
More Main Dishes
- 2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 frozen chicken patties
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Line a 9"x13" casserole dish with 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Place 8 chicken patties into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken patties.
- Spoon the remaining pasta sauce over the chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve the Chicken Parmesan on top of a bed of spaghetti.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 3.75gSaturated Fat: 1.9gCholesterol: 7.5mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 15gSugar: 1gProtein: 1.1g
This post was sponsored content when originally published and has since been updated.