Last week we celebrated one of my best friends’ 50th birthday. She loves ice cream and brownies, so I decided to make her an ice cream brownie cake.
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Brownie Cake
brownie mix (family size)
egg, oil, water as per mix directions
chocolate chip ice cream
mini chocolate chips
1. Bake brownies as per box directions in a 9×13 pan. Let cool completely.
2. Create a layer on top of the brownie with the chocolate frosting. I microwaved my frosting for 20 seconds to make it easier to spread. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes while the ice cream and whipped topping soften.
3. Place scoops of ice cream across entire pan.
4. Smooth out the ice cream to create a uniform layer.
5. Spread the whipped topping on top of the ice cream layer.
6. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Store leftovers in freezer.
We had to let the cake defrost a little bit on the counter before serving. It was a big hit at the party and the birthday girl loved it.
Good enough to lick the plate clean! YUM!