I had a little fun making this candy corn dress for my daughter’s American Girl Doll today.
I started out by making the pattern below and folding it where I thought the color stripes should go. Then I sewed together the white, orange, & yellow strips of fabric. I ironed the serged seams toward the orange since it was the darkest color.
I folded over the fabric and cut out font & back of the pattern at the same time.
The pieces really look like a candy corn!
I serged the white edges first before sewing the sides together. Since I used a salvage edge along the yellow bottom, I didn’t have to hem it.
I think it turned out pretty cute!